CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Interesting Place

An interesting place to buy food is at candy stores in Japan for me. It is a kind of traditional store in Japan. We can buy some kinds of traditional cheap snacks and candies which we cannot buy at supermarkets or department stores. Old people run most of the stores. They are almost everywhere around residential areas or at near public schools. The shop owners are very kind but sometimes strict concerning manners. They always welcome children with smiling, and they seem to like talking with children. They sometimes tell us about old stories such as about WWⅡ, town history, their personal love story and so on. They look like our grandparents. Many children gather after school with a little money. When I was in elementary school, I went to such a candy store with my friends almost every day. However, I rarely went to the store after graduating from elementary school. My junior high school was also near from the store but I did not go there. I think I became too busy. However, I sometimes visited to the store. So, the same old owner welcomed to me with smiling as usual. I sometimes want to visit to the store to see the old owner or to get the snacks or candies which we cannot at supermarkets and department stores. I have a lot of memories of at that store.

0 comments: