CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Favorite breakfast

According to me breakfast is very important to have. If I can’t have breakfast in the morning, my morning won’t start. In my house, tea is part of breakfast and “Paratha” too. Extremely popular with North Indians, Paratha is my favorite breakfast. Paratha can be of many types. Paratha is made from flour. Potatoes, vegetables, could stuff Paratha. My favorite paratha is potato stuffed paratha. It is made with wheat flour. Put the flour, oil/ghee and water into a large mixing bowl, rub together to form a crumbly mix. Boil potatoes in other pot and put green chili paste, ginger paste, cumin seeds, coriander powder and oil. Take other pot and put oil in it and mix all above materials in it. Then make boll sized portion from above mixture. Very lightly flour a rolling board or clean counter surface and roll each ball into a 7-8" circle Heat a griddle and fry the parathas one at a time like this: Put a paratha on the griddle. The paratha is done when both sides are crispy and golden brown. Serve with chilled yogurt and your favourite pickle or chutney.

0 comments: