CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 21, 2008

Different Eating Culture

Japan and America have different culture and the biggest difference is that Japanese people use chopsticks to eat and American people use knife and fork to eat. Of course, Japanese people use knife and fork but they use them only when they eat foreign country’s food. I can’t eat rice with knife and fork. Japanese people have special greetings when they start eating and finish eating. However, American people don’t have them. While it is good to make sounds when they eat noodles in Japan, American people are not allowed to make sounds. If Japanese people make sounds when eating noodles, it means the food is tasty. However, I know we cannot do that in the US, so I follow the American style. When I came to the US the first time, I was so surprised that American people ate meals with soda. I usually have meals with green tea; therefore, I felt a difference of culture between Japan and America.

0 comments: